- Youth club sessions starting at 10am, meeting at Downhills park cafe, and finishing at the same place at 12pm. We have some exciting plans for 2012, including ramping up the number of coaches, and we are close to finalising a new achievement record booklet for members. Also, as well as launching the Lordship Loop on the 3rd december, we were also recognised as a Go-Ride racing club, and we are planning on a series of youth races held at Lordship rec and Downhills park (more to follow). The club is run by volunteers, and we always wlcome new volunteers, so if you would like to help, or know of someone who you think may want to become a volunteer, please get in touch or pass on our details.
- Activities feature a combination of off road bike skills coaching sessions in and around Lorship Rec and guided rides to close-by offroad riding gems like Epping forest - Our coaches teach a variety of bike handling skills in small groups, which allows riders at all levels to progress -
- Membership continues to be free and open to all kids from age 6 up to 16
- You will need a membership and parental consent form which can be found at the bottom of this article
Are the coaches qualified?
- The coaches are all volunteers. We are CRB checked and First aid qualified with a mix of British Cycling and CTC qualifications. The Trax is a British Cycling Go Ride club.
What do we do at the club?
- A typical session will involve an introduction followed by a bike maintenance check to get your bike in top condition and pass on some core maintenance skills. Then a series of skills sessions would take place . There will also be quite a few fun races. The day will use the sections of the existing dirt BMX track, and the field. The club will build skills and confidence for off road cycling and is aimed as a fun group activity based club. There are also rides planned for trail centres and woods around London.
Is their a child protection policy in place?
- Yes as a British Cycling Affiliated club we will adhere to the British Cycling child protection policy and all coaches are CRB checked.
Are riders of all abilities welcome?
- Yes the club endeavours to be accessible to all riders between 8 and 16 years of age including riders with some disabilities (please contact to discuss first)
Do I have to attend every week?
- No you can drop in as many times as you wish.
What do I do to join?
How much is the club?
- The youth club is free.
What do I need to bring?
- A bike. Helmets are mandatory, gloves, drink and snack
What if I don't own a bike or helmet?
- Please contact us and we will endeavour to see if we can supply the equipment for the duration of the session
If you are interested in volunteering or coaching also please get in touch, as a growing club we always have opportunites